The Chapin Estate dates back to 1891 when Chester W. Chapin, Jr., a successful
New York City entrepreneur, acquired 18,000 acres of land in the Catskill Mountains.
The extensive land holding was comprised of hills and valleys, lakes and winding brooks.
An avid sportsman and nature lover with a strong sense of preservation,
Mr. Chapin spent 31 years developing the land into a private hunting preserve and lodge.